Youth at NPC
Mission Statement: To present the youth of Northminster Presbyterian Church opportunities and activities to help them grow in their faith and build their relationship with Christ.
Youth activities fall into one of five categories.
- Worship – Opportunities to express their faith and belief in Christ. This occurs as our youth present themselves in the service of worship, and as we learn new songs and energizers at Mo Ranch and in preparation for Youth Sunday.
- Mission – providing aid to individuals outside of the Northminster congregation. Volunteering at the Food Bank and HNS, and participating in Relay for Life are but a few of the Mission opportunities we are active in.
- Service – providing aid to individuals within the Northminster congregation. “Help Your Neighbor”, a program where we provide assistance to elderly members of our congregation, is one of our popular service programs.
- Study – studying God’s word and how it is relevant to our youth. Viewing and discussing videos such as TO SAVE A LIFE and SEVEN DAYS IN UTOPIA outside of regular Sunday School.
- Social – Christian fellowship with each other. LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BTW…everything we do is fun).
Among other things, in the course of a year the youth:
- Attend the Mid-Winter conference weekend retreats at Mo Ranch
- Plan, practice, and lead the worship service on Youth Sunday
- Attend the Mission Presbytery Spring Youth Rally
- Host a community wide Easter Egg Hunt
- Participate in the Relay for Life
- Honor their moms on Mother’s day and their dads on Father’s day
- Host the Church Spring Picnic
- Celebrate at a School’s out pool party
- Attend Main Event for Youth at John Knox Ranch
- Host a community wide Harvest Festival (in conjunction with the Church Growth committee)
- Host Breakfast with Santa for the children of Northminster
The standing meeting time is Sunday from 4:00 – 6:00. (This can change depending on what is planned for the group.)
Contact: Jay Young, Youth Director
Church Office: 210.680.4825 (leave a message)
Northminster youth have many opportunities for both long term and short term study. Weekly Sunday school, Bible studies at Youth Group meetings, themes from MidWinters and Triennium have all been instrumental in building the faith of Northminster’s youth.
Who They Are
The Youth Group at Northminster comprises an outstanding group of young men and women who, while strong in their faith, are always seeking ways to be closer to their Lord and Savior. Youth Group provides the youth varied opportunities to learn, to serve, to worship, and to enjoy each other as they grow in their faith.
Perhaps you will find time to be a part of this energetic and entertaining group of young adults. There are many opportunities for you to do just that. Please see Jay Young or any elder if you decide that this is a ministry that is calling you.
MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES at NORTHMINSTER
The Northminster Youth Group’s mission is to provide programming designed to help the group’s members seek, and hopefully find, their faith in Jesus Christ through activities that include study, service, worship, mission outreach, and fellowship activities.
Fellowship opportunities abound for the Northminster Youth Group. Mo Ranch MidWinter retreats, summer day trips to Mo Ranch, movies, skating, mini golf, and trampoline parks are just a few of the activities the youth enjoy. And then there’s the annual Dodgeball Tournament with Youth from across San Antonio.
Mission and Service
Northminster youth annually participate in events like the Souper Bowl of Caring and also have volunteered at the San Antonio Food Bank and walked in the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. They provide opportunities for the children of Northminster throughout the year and also have also created a “Help your Neighbor” program where they will assist members of the congregation with tasks at home that the members are unable to do themselves.
The annual Youth Sunday worship service at Northminster is a Sunday the congregation always looks forward to. The youth plan and lead the service from beginning to end. Other opportunities for worship occur at the MidWinter Retreats, Triennium, and visits to other churches.
Trip To Mo Ranch