The Youth Group at Northminster comprises an outstanding group of young men and women who, while strong in their faith, are always seeking ways to be closer to their Lord and Savior.
We are so proud of our youth and our goal as a church family is to help them grow in their faith and build their relationship with each other and Christ.
The activities and opportunities for the youth group fall into these five categories:
Worship – Opportunities to express their faith and belief in Christ. This occurs as our youth present themselves in the service of worship, and as we learn new songs and energizers at Mo Ranch and in preparation for Youth Sunday.
Mission – providing aid to individuals outside of the Northminster congregation. Volunteering at the Food Bank and HNS, fundraising for the Souper Bowl of Caring, and participating in Relay for Life examples of ways we’ve served in the past.
Service – providing aid to individuals within the Northminster congregation. “Help Your Neighbor”, a program where we provide assistance to elderly members of our congregation, is one of our popular service programs.
Study – studying God’s word and how it is relevant to our youth. Viewing and discussing videos outside of regular Sunday School.
Social – Christian fellowship with each other.
Among other things, in the course of a year the youth:
- Attend the Mid-Winter conference weekend retreats at Mo Ranch
- Plan, practice, and lead the worship service on Youth Sunday
- Attend the Mission Presbytery Spring Youth Rally
- Honor their moms on Mother’s day and their dads on Father’s day
- Host the Church Spring Picnic
- Attend Main Event for Youth at John Knox Ranch
- Host Breakfast with Santa for the children of Northminster
Contact: Jay Young, Youth Director
Church Office: 210.680.4825 (leave a message)
Return to homepage here